Monday, February 8, 2010

My Love/Hate Relationship with the Arts

I enjoy art... making it, viewing it, performing it, hearing it, talking about it. I think that creavitive ability was placed in us by God. God is creative (obviously) and as we are made in His image He made us creative too. He could have made one type of each thing (flowers, water, trees, etc) but instead He made a myriad of wonderful of things for us to enjoy which stimulate all of our senses. In this line of thought, I do not find art sacreligous, but rather an expression of life.

What I don't enjoy is going to art districts, art museums, listening to music and it being filled with grossness. I know I should expect it (and I do) because sin is a part of life therefore it is expressed in art but still I find it frustrating. Is it just me, or do the arts seem to attract extra nastiness?

Don't worry your pretty little heads. I will continue to create. I just wanted to say my piece...

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right and I like the way you said it. It must be related to the whole "be free with whatever is inside you" crud?

    ReplyDelete