Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Cookies-The Perfect Sugar Cookie with Shiny Glaze

So, with the first cookies (these trees above), I decided to go with more traditional decorating. But, with the later cookies I decided to use marbling for the decoration (which, I must add, I love marbling).
I got the outstanding, delicious, perfect recipe for the sugar cookies at allrecipes.com. Here is the link to the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mrs-Fields-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx

Here is the link to the fantastic icing: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cookie-Icing/Detail.aspx

Note: The icing is a bit thick when made to exact specifications of the recipe but just add milk alternated with corn syrup, a bit at a time, until you get it right where you want it.

I doubled the recipe to make enough icing to do all the cookies made from the sugar cookie recipe. It was plenty. I divided the icing into 4 cups so that I could do different colors. To get the marbled effect, I put the base color on first (using the back of a spoon to "paint" it on), and then I dribbled small circles or lines (depending on what I was doing) and then I used a toothpick which I pulled through the colors. It was super fun.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment