Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sock Monkey

It has been entirely too long since my last blog post (as Chelsea tells me every time we speak). So, I decided to post some pictures of my lasted excursion into the world of crafting: sock monkeys!
This is Benaiah's Christmas sock monkey. A friend gave me a pair of these red-heeled socks that she found at a yard sale after I told her that I wanted to make a sock monkey. It was harder than I first thought (mostly because I was frequently interrupted by some cheeky homeschooled boys). As you can see I also made the monkey a crocheted scarf, knitted hat with a pompom, and a vest with pockets. The only thing I got right the first time was the scarf which was just a chain of 80 stitches and then double crocheted for 2 rows. The hat, O the hat! The hat took me 3 tries. It is 40 cast on stitches which was then knitted for about 7 rows and then decreased twice. The vest also took me 3 attempts.
But, doesn't he just look like he needs a big kiss? I brought him to see some of my friends and one of my friends' daughter reached out for him and gave him a big squeeze. It made my heart melt. I think he needs a crocheted banana, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment