Monday, August 17, 2009

New Homeschool Group

Chris and I attended our local homeschool leaders retreat. Let me just say...wow! The speaker had such wisdom and insight. Her name is Mary Schofield and she is active on the Board of Directors for the Christian Home Educators Association of California (among other things, like attending law school...for FUN). I am very glad Chris was there because the more this mega-mama spoke the more I wanted to run out da' door. But, all things work for good (so says the Lord), and so shall even this. It really helped light a fire under me and to get Chris and I on the same page in the planning phase of our new group.

Speaking of which, our new group has its kick-off picnic this Friday. I'm am refering to the group as a new group because it was not an organized, active group in the past and that is what we hoping for in the future. God opened the door. We walked through. It is all in His most capable hands. I just need to keep reminding my weak self of that.

Chris has been great. He is more than on board, he is leading the show. I love it! I am so blessed. He was pleased that I finally got my school year ideas down on paper and the first month of school prepared as well. This year is a bit different as I am going boxed curricula free.

I put a link for the homeschool group's yahoo group site. It is new so there is not anyone else on it, but I wanted to have it ready before we started the group officially. Let me know if you all have any words of wisdom (aside from things like, "Hey Angie, remember not to let your mouth run away from your mind"...this I know =) ).

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I am known for words of wisdom, but I do want you to know that I know you can do this. I know you are nervous. You are stronger and much more capable than you think!! Nope. You can't do it alone, but with God's help! Praying for you and waiting to hear about all the blessings that pour out of this step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Ang!! You can DO it! ;) This was already set up by God before you even arrived there....just keep walking on the path He has for you. You are one strong woman....

    ReplyDelete