Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fair Entries

To our left we have Lucas' lovely rainbow necklace. He just had to have those beads. I encouraged him to get these super cute (boyish) sports or animal beads...."No, Mommy, these are beautiful...especially with these gold beads too." Lucas knows best.

Below is Abe's turtle drawing. In case I have not mentioned it before, Abe loves all things turtle. I thought he made a good use of color.




Again to our left we have Lij's Scissor-tailed fly catcher drawing (which, might I add, is the Oklahoma state bird). I really like the tail on that bird.
Below we have a blurry photo of Abe's most awesome beaded necklace. It took weeks to complete. He was very diligent.






Here is my rag rug. It is my first rug attempt...ever! I watched my friend ripping up a sheet once at park day. She did it in such a way that it was one continuous strip. She said that she was going to crochet a rug out of it.
Months later I came into a large number of girly colored sheets that were certainly not going to be used in my man-tastic household (at least not on their beds). So I gave it a try and fumbled around, crocheting and ripping things out, eventually ending up with this (as seen in the pic).
We are entering our local county fair, even Chris (who is entering some great photos). Entry time is today and the judging is on Saturday. I'll keep you updated!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ang!

    Thanks for the pics...I love fairs! It's so fun to go check out everyone's stuff and possibly see a ribbon hanging off of it! Susanna made a modge podge purse from a cereal box with magazine pics of cats all over it. She won 1st place..Never mind that there were only 2 other entries.. :)We miss all you Carreras! Wish you could have been there for the wedding last weekend but aren't all the pictures great! Gotta love Facebook for all the quick photos!

    Take Care,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete