Friday, August 7, 2009

A New Homeschool Group

Well...I thought that it would be a long time before I attempted a more active role in homeschooling. God had other plans. Chris and I were given the local group here in Oklahoma by a family that wished to retire from being homeschool leaders so they could focus their attention elsewhere. We are even going to a homeschool group leaders retreat put on by the state homeschool group. I think it is so cool that there is even such a thing. I am even looking forward to going. While, to be honest, I am not sure that anyone will be in this homeschool group with us, at least we will be available to help any who might desire it. And, incidentally, Chris told me after we were given the group that he had been praying for something like that. I was astounded. I mean the man has always been active but this brings things to (wait for it, lol)..a whole other level (this is a Chris/Angie joke, sorry folks...had to put it in here).

We are having our kick-off picnic here on the 21st of August. So, pray for me folks! I don't want to be sitting there by myself (seriously, I have heard all my own jokes already).

2 comments:

  1. Angie! I am so proud of you!!! You are going to be great and I will be praying for a great turn out for your picnic. You are going to be so wonderful at this. You are so approachable, kind, compassionate and a whole bunch of other things I won't list for risk of sounding like a Hallmark card. Can't wait to see how this takes off! And the leadership conference sounds way cool. What a blessing that Chris is on board 100 percent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on! Surely you laugh when you tell yourself the story about getting yourself maced in high school?

    Or at least at your Idaho pun! Still makes me roll with laughter. Nathan left for school last week and Margaret and I have been saying it to each other all the time :D

    We miss ya, Angie. Silas and I are getting married in TWO WEEKS! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    *composes self* *goes on being mature*

    Best of luck with the homeschool group!

    ReplyDelete