Thursday, May 28, 2009

In Kansas....No Toto

It has been an interesting day. While Kansas may not be what comes to mind when thinking of scenic views, that certainly doesn't mean that it is boring! Let me start with road signs (gotta love them!). "Live 5 legged Steer", "World's Largest Prairie Dog", "Pet the Baby Pig", were 3 of my favorite. Then there was the emergency roadside potty break for the coolest 4 y/o I know. Lucas wanted to test how much arc he could get with his urine stream.....nearly peeing in his own face. Not to be out down, Lij and Abe had a lovely vegtable food fight in the back seat of our van (I think they have figured out with all the stuff packed into the van and our intense desire to get as far as we can each day, they can pretty much get away with most anything).

The trio can also work together for good. At a rest stop just over the Colorado border in Kansas the boys found a rabbit (we were not watching well enough...obviously). The rabbit was dead (the boys insisted that they found fang marks on the rabbit and that it had died by the vile will of a snake). The boys did what any decent person would do...they gave it a funeral. Led by Abraham in prayer, the boys buried it. Lucas said that they prayed it would come back to life (so sweet!).

In case you have missed it...we are not in Oklahoma yet. Kansas is so much bigger than I had previously surmised.

P.S. We got the boys haircuts. Lucas snuck in a faux hawk (I cannot believe he remember the name of that do). See what happens when you walk away from a boy during a haircut...the haircut gets changed! Picture his missing front teeth, naughty twinkle in his eye, and now a faux hawk!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, Angie! Sounds like the open road is the place to be! Missin' you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crazy signs can make a road trip lots of fun. If I haven't already told you about "The Live Buffalo" story, I will sometime.

    How sweet that the boys had a funeral for the rabbit.

    Wish your road trip and your hubby's job was bringing you a littel further my way! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope to see a picture of that hair cut. And wish I could of seen the funeral. Sounds very cute. You must be a proud Moma!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! I'd love a pic. of that cut! ;) How fun to travel, though. Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I thought you would be there already. So glad all is going well...I will keep watching to see when you actually arrive.
    Kisses all around.

    ReplyDelete