Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Moving Thoughts

We are so blessed.

You know sometimes when people offer to help but then that help never really happens....that is the opposite of my life right now. I made a list of things I was working on this week and then posted it to my homeschool group for the people that had said, "What can I do to help?", and I had no answer for them. I posted it with the idea that people would do what they could and that God would handle it all. WOW, things are being handled!

Ladies have been descending upon my house like a small swarms of bees. Sunny smiles upon their faces, chatting, laughing, working all the while. This must be a glimpse of life from when most ladies were home. It has been such a blessing. I am so grateful. In these few days since we received our "final" offer from Chris's work, I have been emotionally taxed and felt like there was too much to do and with little will to do any of it all. I was tired at even the thought. I still am. It is too much to do, to handle. But, God never gives us more than we can handle right? I don't think that is true. I have never have seen that verse in the Bible. "I can do all things through God who strengthens me." I have seen that verse, but in my present situation what I see in that verse is not that I can do all things in myself, but that God can do all things. And He has been doing things everyday, clearly Him. I am blessed because I get to feel so close to Him, so carried in His hand. May we all be so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the burden is being shared! I'm sorry I'm not able to do more to help you, but you are in my prayers. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  2. God rocks!! :) It's so awesome for those moments where we feel His presence so strongly, like we are not even touching the ground. I pray continued blessing and comfort for you, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have such a great support network. Bless those ladies who are so willing to make your load a little lighter. When I'm going through the "stuff" life deals, I love that God seems to pull me closer and I can feel His peace pouring over me. You can do this! Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete