Friday, May 8, 2009

Moving to Oklahoma...SO this is what a fish feels like

I thought that this blog post should come with some silly photo (like of me splatted across the floor partially covered in torn letters and undone laundry) but I am just too tired! I went to Mom's Night Out last night after hearing the news from Christopher that we had received our final offer for employment with IRS (insert joke here).

I have 16 days...16....count them..aghhh! Yes, I am feeling a tad dramatic today but I think I have earned it. I get to sell the majority of our possessions, load the boys into the van, camp across half of the country, find a house and a car for Chris in one week, and then settle into the small task of yard sale-ing (yes...it is a word!) or thrift store-ing (yep..another word) for replacement furnishings all while trying to entertain the boys (and myself!). Normally, this is point where I say, "I can do it!", and then get to it. But I just cannot seem to bring myself to that point. There is a mental wall, or a mental hole, or......I don't even know, but I just can't seem to wrap my mind around this. Friends have offered to help but I don't even know where to direct them to help. Like a fish yanked from its nice water-y world (makes sense, Oregon is quite watery and Oklahoma is rather dry) and thrown upon land thrashes for a moment or two and then lies there, not dead, but clearly confused.

So, dear friends, I am not dead yet (picture Monty Python with the old man in the wheel barrel), but I am SO over my own abilities. This trip will certainly be God.

4 comments:

  1. I am positively wretched at the thought of you leaving. Indeed, you make me quite miserable :(

    (On a slightly happier note: THAT SOUNDS LIKE SUCH A FUN ADVENTURE!!! I'm jealous! Onward!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend...I will be praying for you! It is such a tiring task to pack up your life and move on. I'll be praying that your hubby loves this job, that you find a home that makes your heart sing, for Christian friends to pop up right away and overall peace! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Dustin Merryfield and I came across your post on about moving to oklahoma. If your moving to the okc area I wanted to let you know about a home that I am selling. I am not an agent. The home is mine and its a long story but basically due to some family issues I have moved out of this home and I am reducing the price on the home to get it sold quickly. You can check it out online at www.2108dogwood.com and if u like what u see and want to see it in person or get more info call me at 405-923-6164 or email me at merryfim@msn.com. Good luck with your move and welocme to Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  4. My so dear and wonderful friend. I think that you have handled this very honorably. I really am impressed. I know I wouldn't handle it like the good christian woman you are. I will miss you dearly!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete