Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In Route to Oklahoma--Pendleton, Oregon

Well, I got a bit too ambitious in thinking that we would be leaving first thing Monday morning. Even with getting up at 6 am and working continually, we still were not able to leave until nearly 1pm. This also means my planned stop at a KOA was also foiled. BUT, we are in a leaving hotel room (one of the ones which give you breakfast in the morning...which is awesome with children and a deep-seeded desire to avoid malarkey at all costs!).

The van is filled to bursting. Abe and Lucas cannot actually touch one another because there is a wall of stuff separating them (which is not particularly a bad thing) and Elijah cannot put his feet down. Benaiah is uneffected. Actually, I think that he is enjoying the multitude of stuff tempting him all around.

We are tired but are still enjoying one another, which is an awesome blessing. This evening we spent some time in the pool. It was a sweet time.

I am going to sleep now! I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

  1. Keep us posted! I hope today goes well. We miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you would make it to Pendleton knowing you were getting a late start. Tinkerbell is going in and out of hiding and is getting her pets. Polly is still not happy. I think I need to steal your name on your blog, because you have none and we have wayyyyy tooooo mannnnnny animals here. hee, hee! Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now instead of "how many people & pets can we fit in this house?" it's how many can you fit in the car ;)

    I was wondering if you would be blogging on the trip there, I'm so glad you are :D

    *hugs* and kisses for Nai :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are blogging along the way. Praying for you and can't wait to hear all about your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you all in my thoughts all the time. What a treasured experience and one I know you will remember always. Be safe, have fun...enjoy the ride.
    Love,
    Barb H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, we love you guys. Still praying for safe travels and FUN!! LOL May God surround you all with His peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! How we miss you already! We've done the trip with the van piled high a few times now... it's amazing the kids handle it as well as they do.

    ReplyDelete