Sunday, January 11, 2009

At the Coast






















We went to the coast this weekend. With both Chris and I being westcoast-ers by birth I think the ocean might be in our blood somehow. A trip to the beach always gets us talking. Of course we always need to try to explore something new.
This time we stopped at Cape Perpetua. This was not totally new. But, we had never been to Devil's Churn during high tide (supposedly the best time, and this was a super-high tide at 10ft). Also, we went farther along the hiking trails then we had previously gone.

Well, we happened upon a bench and some stairs. The bench looked out onto an awesome view of crashing waves, upswept coniferous trees, and steep cliffs. The stairs went down to some rocky tidal pools near to the pounding surf. Guess which one Chris and the boys wanted to utilize????? Benaiah and I sat on the bench and glared at the rest of the clan as they shuffled on down with the dog in the lead (well, Nai didn't glare....so I guess it was just me, and I might add that it made absolutely no difference but to the contrary, I think that it actually encouraged them on!).

















































While hiking we happened upon some stairs

1 comment:

  1. I forgot how beatiful that park was. Those pictures make me want be there.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete