Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kangaroo Dog Food

SO the vet tells my dear husband that due to the fact that our new dog (Samson, 6 y/o yellow lab seen above) has allergies (to wheat and corn, supposedly) that he recommends a special dog food (of course it is only sold at the veterinarians office) made of KANGAROO and sweet potatoes. Did I mention that these tasty morsels cost a mere 80 bucks per bag?

Hmmm, I love the smell of frivolous stupidity in the morning....it is akin to cookies on a diet.

But I digress, in case anyone was wondering, we did not buy said dog food. It is a good thing too because we have found out that Samson has a taste for the finer things in life. Things that negate fancy Kangaroo dog food like the BOX OF DONUTS and 2 BAGS of tortillas (one corn, one wheat) which he downed while I was out on Tuesday, OR the leftover (from the babysitter) chocolate he ate (don't worry folks he is fine) on Wednesday.

But, yes, O yes, he needs special dog food for his "delicate" digestive system.

6 comments:

  1. Get used to it Angie! That is the way a pack of teenage boys eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOPS! Probably shouldn't have left that bag on the counter *guilty smile* Sorry! But I have a question -
    would you rather have had the the boys eat the rest of it or the dog? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooooo brave to leave a dog at home alone to guard the famiy pantry. Rule #1 is "Never trust a dog to watch your food!" Wise words from my very sweet MIL.
    Your sassy friend! 8P

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hmmm, I love the smell of frivolous stupidity in the morning"

    I laughed. Really Hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie, if I had to pick....then the dog. He really seemed to have enjoyed himself.

    ReplyDelete