Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mommy Brain

See this fancy, expensive Bum Genius diaper which I recieved as a gift from my generous mother? I went to gymnastics open-gym yesterday. My brain was a bit in a fog but I didn't think it was too bad.......well, I underestimated the scope of the fog.

I took Benaiah into the restroom to change his diaper. I went to wash my hands and saw a Bum Genius diaper in the trash. I thought to myself, "Who would just throw one of these in the trash. Are they made of money? Maybe it was just too poopy and they decided not to deal with it." I even went out to talk to my friend, Chelsea, about it. She asked if I had rescued it out of the trash. I said no.

Later I was sitting in the Target parking lot (on the other side of town). Something was trying to come through my now much foggier brain. I couldn't find the binky. So, I looked in the diaper bag.

Only one diaper in there....one?...one?...I had two.....where is the other?

The realiziation washed over me like a splash from a mud puddle. I was the idiot who threw the pricy diaper in the trash. I was completely unaware of it at the time and even in retrospect I still did not remember the act.

I had to drive all the way back across town to retrieve the still-in-the-trash diaper.

Sing along folks....if I only had a brain.....

4 comments:

  1. At least you are still laughing. Hope your brain clears up.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you're a blogger when these things happen and you have to take a picture to post on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for recording all of these episodes - it gives me something to look forward to when I have my own family one day ;) JK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I'm glad it was still there. Hope your day was a little less foggy today.

    ReplyDelete