Friday, January 9, 2009

A Recipe to Share

Living in Guam for a period of time gave me a chance to make some friends from other countries. One of them was this awesome Japanese chick named Atsuko (I always mispronouced her name....so frustrating). Anyhow, Atsuko made yakisoba for me and this is how she did it. All the ingredients can be found at Winco (for those you living in the vicinty of one).

Easy Yakisoba

(Serves 3 hungry boys + one hungry Dad+one Mom who is trying to eat more vegtables than anything else)

2 packages of yakisoba noodles with their seasoning packets (they come altogether in one deal--you can find them near the tofu at Winco)

1/2 lb. (or less, if prefer...even none at all will work) of cooked chicken or steak (gnd meat doesn't work for this)

1 sliced grn pepper

1/2 a head of green cabbage, sliced thinly (1/2 or less in width works best)

3-4 sliced carrots (chop them up like you were going to stir-fry them)

oil to stir fry

Heat oil in large pot (not a wok....unless you have the type of heat source needed for a wok, like open flame), just enough oil to coat the bottom. Add veggies and quickly stir-fry to desired tenderness (I like my vegetables pretty crispy....but to each his own). Remove veggies from pot and set them to the side. Add a little more oil and the yakisoba noodles with a 1/4c. of water. Poke at the noodles to break them up. Add the seasoning packets and another 1/4c. of water. Stir. Add cooked veggies and cooked meat (could use tofu too). Serve immediately.

Any veggies that would be tasty in a stir-fry could be added to this. It is a great refrigerator cleaner!

Enjoy. Angie

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Your house sounds full. Can't wait to read more. Good luck! Jennifer @ cooking like a frugalite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to see if I can make this myself. I saved it in my files and it will be treasured. It sounds so good.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete