Monday, January 26, 2009

Library Mom Torture

I think my sheep have it in for me. Some of you already the know that the little lambs were QUITE naughty at Winco (almost wrote wino, LOL) on Friday (slapping, pushing, punching, yelling, crying,.......general boy day-to-day living). I thought that was humiliating.

I thought wrong.

Humiliation is being in the downtown Eugene public library and being told you need to get to your children, "NOW!". Some of you may be thinking that these children were far away from me, they were not. I was bent down looking at some DVDs about 10 feet from the table in which they were supposed to be quietly looking at their knight books. HA-HA. Lambs don't listen, at least not completely. I hear the irritated voice of the library worker loudly asking my lambs if their mother was here, and I spoke in response. She snottily said that they were "having a little problem". Before I could breathe in enough air to choke down my frustration and embarrassment she said, for all the library to hear, "No, you need to be right with them."

I called them. They ignored me and kept fighting. I gathered up the lambs, finished checking out, and went to the van (admonishing them not to speak to me....for a while). After another breath in, we had a round of re-training.

I post this because it is funny and because we have (or will have) days when even if we are trying our hardest to train our children, to be patient, to be great moms, that there will still be times when our lambs are going to COMPLETELY IGNORE US and do what they want. That is sin nature.

SO, join me in a deep breath and a prayer that God keeps us sane (why, o why did I pray for patience this morning?).

4 comments:

  1. I must be on the wrong website with another Angie and her boys. Because all I can think of is, "No, not those angels!?!" Now this being the town it is, I picture this librarian as a past employee of Trader Joes and as a lady who believes that we shouldn't spank our CHILDREN, but we should keep our CHILDREN under complete control. They are acting up only because we do spank them. Huh! Don't worry Ang, she don't know anything. You are a GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. lol I had two thoughts merged into one. You are doing a great job and you are a great mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea and I were just talking earlier about you, and how we think you're a great mom. I feel your pain.... oh, man. I wouldn't have been really pleased with that sort of thing either. I hope your day tomorrow is mucho better my friend.
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! Today should be less embarrassing as we are not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete