Saturday, January 10, 2009

On the Subject of Hillbillies during the Holidays

Well, some of my friends know that I come from a proud line of Hillbillies. As my Uncle Curt would say, "As Scottish Highlanders, then Tennesee hillbillies, and know Oregon hill dwellers.....we have essentially always been hillbillies." A hillbilly at Thanksgiving is a sight to behold, but to eat hillbilly food is something else altogether. Since moving back to Oregon with husband (we met in the military and then were stationed away from family for years) I have had the opportunity to see just what a good sport he is.

This Thanksgiving there was a RACCOON slow cooking on the back porch of my Uncle's trailer. My Aunt insisted that it be cooked outdoors (One has to draw the line somewhere.). Do you know that sweet, adventrous man of mine ate some, graciously, and even commented positively on the taste?!

I had never been more impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment