Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fit Throwing and Holly Bushes

Yesterday was a very TRYING day here. One of the sheep didn't want to complete his math page (4 step word problems). He did want to throw his worksheet, and his pencil, and run amok in my house yelling, "I can't do this with you bossin' me!"

AHHHHHH!

We had some re-training and then tried again. Nope, didn't work. The sheep still would not do his work. I had to call in the head farmer at work for reinforcement. The sheep then sat down quietly to do his math. (O, so if Daddy says it...then all is well.....fooey).

I gave the sheep a short break after the 4 hr math page. Sheep do not appreciate breaks....they actually make them feel entitled and sassy. The sheep did not want to come back to the table to work on his grammar. He wanted to throw more fits and yell.

This fit ended with the sheep at the top of a 20ft holly bush, crying for all the neighborhood to hear.

It is so awesome being the mother of the year!

5 comments:

  1. I hope today goes much better. I think we're having one of those mornings with a particular child as well.
    Love,
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! This is too funny. The "head farmer" in our house does the same thing.........funny how I can say something a million times, but when DADDY says it...........sigh. Ah, the adventures of homeschooling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is going much better.....thus far, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I had a dream about my youngest lamb going to public school and me crying. Today, I could see why I would of thought public school in the cobwebs of my brain. Today was one of those days..... I guess it must be in the air.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're hilarious, Angie. I just love reading your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete