Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boat Brownies


I am making these brownies to take to my friend, Rebecca's, home this evening. My house is full of the warm, chocolately smell of them. As you can add just about anything brownie-friendly add-in, they are great for people on a budget.
Boat Brownies
1/2 cup butter melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour (this is not a mistake....trust the Ang)
1/4 tsp salt

Mix ingredients together in a large bowl in the order they were given. Add your extra/s if you so desire.

Extras: 1-2 cups of chocolate chips, or other type chips, or raisins, or chopped marachino cherries, or chopped nuts, or Reese's pieces, or M & M's, or mini-marshmellows. A combination would work nice.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes in an 8" square pan.

Note-You can double this recipe and cook it in a 9 x 13. Add 5 minutes of baking time.

No, I did not make this recipe up myself, but I cannot remember where I found it either. It is tasty, so enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. They look so yummy that I can smell them.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...you were able to comment. Good !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally got around to making them. Of course I had to convert them to our diet They were chocolate heaven. Yumm!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I asked Sheri if there was a gooey brownie recipe she suggested yours. All the recipes I've found makes them taste like cake. Will let you know after I make them.

    ReplyDelete